A superb opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed person to develop a career as a Greenkeeper. We are seeking an apprentice Greenkeeper to join our hard-working team at Foxhills Club and Resort, near Chertsey and Woking.
You will undertake an NVQ Level 2 in Greenkeeping supported by our experienced Course Manager, whilst using your learning to maintain the golf courses and associated equipment to a high standard. On completion of your qualification there is the potential to join the team on a full time basis.
Foxhills has two superb 18-hole golf courses and one nine hole course set in 400 acres of stunning Surrey countryside. Recognised as a UK Top 50 pay and play venue, and hosting the prestigious PGA Senior Open Qualifier for the last 4 years means you will be part of a team really going places.
The role is working on a 5 days out of 7 basis with weekend/bank holidays required on a rota basis. You will need to be an early riser as the working day starts at 6am until 2:30pm.
Please note that live-in accommodation is not available for this position.
- A passion for being outdoors regardless of the weather
- Gardening, sports surface maintenance or prior greenkeeping experience
- An interest in golf
- Reliable and an early riser
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Smart personal presentation and polite manner
- Team player
- Able to travel to Foxhills
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Complimentary hot and cold lunch options in our staff canteen
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Restaurant and spa discounts
- Generous ‘Introduce a Friend’ bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.