We are seeking a grounds maintenance operative to work within a team of three at Foxhills in Ottershaw to ensure that Foxhills looks stunning year round. Set in 350 acres you will typically care for lawns, borders and pots, garden areas surrounding hotel bedrooms, hedges and maintaining some hard landscaping elements. Pedestrian mowing is a significant part of the role in summer and leaf blowing in winter so you will need to be prepared to spend a lot of time on your feet regardless of the season!
Our mission is to ensure that everyone leaves feeling better than when they arrived, and it starts with the 'wow factor' of our impressive driveway.
Foxhills is a 4 star hotel with seventy bedrooms, nine function rooms and extensive leisure facilities, including two eighteen and one nine hole golf course maintained by a team of greenkeepers. We have around 3,500 members as well as hotel guests and day visitors. We have great benefits including free use of the facilities and some fantastic resort discounts.
The role is full time days per week for 40 hours generally Monday to Friday.
- Commercial gardening experience
- A love of working outdoors in all weathers
- NVQ in a relevant horticulture qualification i.e amenity horticulture / turf science (preferred)
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Smart personal presentation and polite manner
- Team player
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Resort discounts
- Annual complimentary hotel stay after year 1
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Freshly prepared hot/cold lunch options in our staff canteen
- Generous ‘Recommend A Friend’ bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
- Uniform supplied
We endeavour to respond to all applicants but should this not be possible please assume your application is unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.