An exciting opportunity for an activities coordinator to join the team pre-opening of The Pavilion; a brand new £7m leisure and dining facility at Foxhills Club and Resort, opening Spring 2021.
With around 2,500 members and a superb new spacious facility, we are expanding our programme of activities. This varied position will be responsible for coordinating member golf events and developing a comprehensive fixture list, developing our children’s activity calendar including parties and assist the Director of Golf and Leisure to implement and run a centralised spa, golf and leisure reservations.
The Pavilion offers a 20m indoor swimming pool, heated outdoor pool and terrace, four flexible studios, changing facilities, a new health focused restaurant and crèche.
Under the guidance of the Pavilion Manager you will oversee day to day relationships with external service providers ensuring that we deliver on our promise “to leave feeling better than when you arrived” ensuring that every member or guest feels like they belong at Foxhills.
The role is expected to commence in January in readiness for a mid-spring opening and a busy year ahead.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week on a 5 days in 7 basis. Typically, Monday to Friday but occasional evening and weekend working will be required in support of special events.
Applications by Thursday 27th November. No agencies please.
- Degree or diploma level qualification in sport, leisure or recreation management or extensive experience managing a multi-faceted leisure club
- A good understanding and experience of delivering golf fixtures and event structures
- Prior experience working with children and an ability to inspire and motivate is essential
- I.T literate
- Good interpersonal skills with a polite and friendly telephone manner
- Conflict resolution skills and a superb standard of guest care
- Enthusiastic and vibrant individual
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to manage own time and tasks
- Creative and problem solving mind-set
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- A clear DBS check
- An understanding of spa treatments and benefits is desirable although training will be provided
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Product and service discounts including spa, restaurant and hotel stays
- 28 days’ holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Complimentary annual hotel stay for two
- Complimentary meals in the staff canteen
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus and incentive schemes
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks of the application deadline.