An exciting opportunity for an experienced customer facing leisure operator to open The Pavilion; a brand new £7m leisure and dining facility at Foxhills Club and Resort, opening Spring 2021.
Reporting to the Director of Golf and Leisure you will oversee the day to day operation of the Pavilion from a strategic and operational perspective, with the objective of achieving budgets, member retention and sales growth, particularly into the family market.
The Pavilion offers a 20m indoor swimming pool, 25m heated outdoor pool and terrace, four multipurpose studios including state of the art Spin studio, changing facilities, a new health focused restaurant and crèche. You will be directly responsible for managing a team of around 15-20 and work closely with the leisure team who deliver and manage the fitness programme.
Supported by the wider Foxhills team of around 200 including a membership sales department, you will deliver on our promise to leave feeling better than when you arrived and ensure that every member or guest feels like they belong at Foxhills.
The role is expected to commence in January with an initial focus on pre-opening. Writing standard operating procedures, developing the non-fitness programme of events, recruiting and training the team, handover from contractors and the maintenance team to ensure the fit-out is completed to a high standard.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week on a 5 days in 7 basis.
Applications by 27th November 2020. No agencies please.
- Degree or diploma level qualification in sport, leisure or recreation management or extensive experience managing a multi-faceted leisure club
- Business acumen, financially astute, creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Qualifications in Pool Plant Operation and NPLQ essential
- Previous experience managing an F&B outlet; restaurant or cafe
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a medium sized team
- A clear DBS check
- First Aid qualified
- Food safety level 2
- Member of CIMSPA desirable
- Good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Conflict resolution skills and a superb standard of guest care
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Product and service discounts including spa, restaurant and hotel stays
- 28 days’ holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Complimentary annual hotel stay for two
- Complimentary meals in the staff canteen
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus and incentive schemes
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks of the application deadline.