An exciting opportunity for an experienced customer facing leisure operator to launch The Pavilion; a brand new £7m leisure and dining facility at Foxhills Club and Resort, opening May 2021.
The Pavilion offers a 20m indoor swimming pool, 25m heated outdoor pool and terrace, four multipurpose studios including state of the art Spin studio, changing facilities, a new health focused restaurant and crèche.
Reporting to the Director of Golf and Leisure and directly responsible for a team of around 15-20 including a Member Activities Coordinator, Head Tennis Pro and swim instructors you will ensure we deliver on our promise to 'leave feeling better than when you arrived'.
You will oversee the day to day operation of the Pavilion from a strategic and operational perspective, with the objective of achieving budgets, member retention and sales growth, particularly into the family market.
Supported by the wider Foxhills team of around 200 including a membership sales department, and working closely with the leisure team who deliver and manage the fitness programme, you will ensure that every member or guest feels like they belong at Foxhills.
We are seeking to appoint immediately with an initial focus on pre-opening. Writing standard operating procedures, developing the non-fitness programme of events, recruiting and training the team, handover from contractors and the maintenance team to ensure the fit-out is completed to a high standard.
The role is full time for 40 hours per week on a 5 days in 7 basis and will include weekend/bank holiday working on a rota basis with Pavilion opening hours expected to be 8am to 8pm.
- Degree or diploma level qualification in sport, leisure or recreation management or extensive experience managing a multi-faceted leisure club
- Business acumen, financially astute, creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Qualifications in Pool Plant Operation and NPLQ essential
- Previous experience managing an F&B outlet; restaurant or cafe
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a medium sized team
- A clear DBS check
- First Aid qualified
- Food safety level 2
- Member of CIMSPA desirable
- Good interpersonal, time management and organisational skills
- Conflict resolution skills and a superb standard of guest care
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Product and service discounts including spa, restaurant and hotel stays
- 28 days’ holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Complimentary annual hotel stay for two
- Complimentary meals in the staff canteen
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus and incentive schemes
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but anticipate a large response to this advert, so should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.