A PGA Assistant role with a twist at Farleigh Golf Club, home of the PGA fourball championship in Warlingham, Surrey.
You will ensure the retail and golf experience at Farleigh is fun and first class. Working with the Golf Operations Manager to actively place a golf club in the hands of as many non-golfers as possible both in and outside the club. You will thrive on building strong relationships, encouraging people to learn the game and ultimately convert them to regular golfers and members. You will also support development of the coaching academy.
Excellent communication and customer service skills are therefore key, as you aim to achieve our mission that every visitor feels better when they leave than when they arrived.
The club offers 27 holes in a unique three, nine-hole design, indoor games simulator, driving range, and putting green. With a growing membership and active in local sports education programmes, you will deliver coaching sessions to a high standard in a way that maximises enjoyment.
Evening and weekend work will be required in line with events and business levels.
Farleigh is leading the change in golf, offering people time to play in an environment which is comfortable, fun and conducive to learning. If you share our passion we would love to hear from you.
- PGA registered / training applicant
- Prior golf retail and coaching experience
- Innovative and dynamic team player who is passionate about golf, coaching and retail
- Strong communication skills
- Warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
- Organised, adaptable with good attention to detail
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent standards of written and spoken English
- Salary + coaching remuneration
- Support and mentoring by qualified colleagues
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- 10% food & beverage discount / subsidised staff meals
- Generous ‘Introduce a Friend’ bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary club membership for you and your family (qualifying period applies) at Farleigh and our sister venue; Foxhills
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.