A superb opportunity for an experienced Sales and Events Coordinator to join our team at Farleigh Golf Club in Warlingham, Surrey to cover a period of maternity leave.
As a Sales & Events Coordinator you will look after function and event enquiries helping the business to grow as a result of your excellent customer service and sales skills. You will report to the General Manager and be supported by the Group Director of Sales.
Daily tasks will include responding to telephone and e-mail enquiries, preparing proposals for clients, carrying out show-rounds of the club, coordinating final details with clients, and working closely with the operational team to ensure smooth delivery on the day and an excellent experience for our guests.
Our mission is to ensure clients leave feeling better than when they arrived, so expect a high level of customer engagement. At Farleigh we are all about fun and creating a sense of community for our members, guests and team, so friendly efficient service and a welcoming atmosphere is what we are all about.
You will need good communication and customer service skills, both over the phone and face to face, strong IT skills, be organised and have good attention to detail.
The role is 40 hours per week, on a 5 days out of 7 basis and will include Saturday working approximately two in four weekends, however a degree of flexibility will be required in support of the business. We are seeking a start date of 1st May 2021.
- Prior sales & events experience in a hotel or golf club essential
- Familiarity with event booking systems
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Upselling skills
- Strong communication skills
- High standard of personal presentation
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Complimentary club membership at Farleigh and our sister venue; Foxhills
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays) pro rata
- Food & beverage discount / subsidised staff meals
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but anticipate a large response to this advert, so should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.