We are seeking an enthusiastic Sous Chef to join our brigade of five at Farleigh Golf Club near Croydon, Surrey. Our busy brasserie style restaurant and lounge offers a casual dining experience for up to 80 covers to members and guests serving hot breakfast snacks, lunch and dinner and Sunday carvery. We also have four busy function suites with banqueting for up to 160.
As Sous Chef you will take full responsibility in the absence of the Head Chef, covering days off and holidays. You will work closely with the team to ensure we deliver the highest standards of food quality and consistency so that our guests have a delicious dining experience. You will be involved with menu development, purchasing and training of the team whilst ensuring a hygienic and compliant kitchen is maintained.
At Farleigh our aim is to ‘put a club in every hand’ making golf fun and accessible to everyone. With a recently extended and refurbished kitchen, increasing sales and a friendly team, you will be joining a team that is definitely going places!
- Two to three years kitchen management experience in a fresh food environment
- Significant banqueting experience
- NVQ Level 2 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Able to manage a small team
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- High standard of personal presentation
- Be reliable, hard-working and passionate
- Ability to travel to Farleigh (accommodation is not available)
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes public & bank holidays)
- Subsidised staff meals
- Generous ‘Introduce a Friend’ bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Complimentary club membership at Farleigh & Foxhills for you and your family (qualifying period applies)
- Employee awards
- Annual staff party
We endeavour to respond to all applicants, but should this not be possible, please assume you have been unsuccessful if we have not been in touch after 3 weeks.